How To Manage Stress At Work
Feeling stressed at work is inevitable. No matter what field you’re working in, you probably know what it feels like to be stressed on the job. Unexpected deadlines pop-up, a meeting is scheduled, clients call, and emails can pile up. It can get overwhelming.
Working in public relations and social media marketing can be stressful at the best of times, especially with multiple projects always on the go. Since May is Mental Health Awareness Month, we’re sharing our best five tips to help you manage stress at work.
- Take a deep breath. Being able to relax takes practice and is extremely important for your health and overall well-being. When you start to feel stressed at work (or anytime really) taking a deep breath in and out, not only helps calm your body but also forces your mind to relax.
- Go for a quick walk. Whether it’s a walk around the office to gather your bearings or a short stroll outside, taking a few minutes for a quick walk can do wonders for your stress levels. Not to mention the change in perspective, some fresh air, and being active allows you to take a few moments to reset and focus on what you need to do when you get back.
- Stay organized. Planning your workday ahead and keeping yourself organized means you’ll be more efficient at prioritizing and won’t need to rush deliverables. This can be as simple as making your lunch the night before so you don’t have to worry about leaving the office to eat if you have a busy day.
- Ask for help when you need it. We all want to be able to do it all, but that’s not always realistic. Asking for help from your team can help to relieve stress. If you’re struggling to find the right words, try emailing a team member for help.
- Take time for some self-care. Feeling stressed can follow you home, and make it hard to remember to drink enough water, get a full night’s sleep or even eat right. Setting some time aside for things you enjoy doing outside of your working hours can help you relax and find balance. Exercising, cooking a healthy meal, reading a good book, or taking a long shower are some of the best ways to reset and take some well-deserved “me” time.
We want to know; what are your best tips for managing stress at work?