Self-Care Starts With Being Self-Aware
There are a lot of factors that you can't control in life, sometimes life picks up the pace making it feel like you're just trying to keep up. Taking care of yourself especially during those stressful times starts with being self-aware enough to know when you need to hit the pause button.
At Jive, we love what we do! Our passion for public relations, social media marketing, and our clients inspire us to go the extra mile to get great results. But, to go that extra mile and provide our clients with the white-glove service we know they deserve, we need to have a healthy work/life balance.
Whether you're working to build your business, producing films, raising kids or juggling multiple clients, everyone needs to include self-care in their routines. Here are a few simple ways to make sure you check in with yourself and make time for you.
- Take time to move with purpose. Sign up for a spin or yoga class, hit the gym or dance in your living room to music you love. Exercise is fundamental to health and stress relief. Find something you love to do.
- Volunteer with a cause close to your heart. Taking time to help those in need, and do something you truly care about helps put things in perspective and really makes you feel grateful for what you have.
- Take time to enjoy your morning coffee. Even just five minutes of sitting and focusing on nothing but yourself can make a world of difference emotionally and mentally.
- Hit up a happy hour with friends. Enjoying good food, a glass of wine and spending time with friends definitely counts as self-care.
- Spend time alone. Solo time gives you the space to do some key activities like meditate, take a long shower or take a nap. These activities will help you recharge and feel your best.
Self-care is any activity we do deliberately in order to take care of our emotional, mental or physical health. A good self-care routine is not an indulgence, works long term, and is something you look forward to doing.
We want to know; what's your self-care routine?